Please reply to this post with your application, thank you!
Project Lens Application
01. Name (First Name, and Last or Middle Initial just incase we have two people with the same name.) and Age. Note that you must be 13+ at the time of the application.
02. Who is your favorite photographer? If they have a website, please provide us with a link.
03. What is your favorite type/style of photography
04. Some of your main inspirations
05. Brief Biography. Must include:
06. Country (If you are in the U.S., and you donít mind, please give us your state.)
07. Highest Level of Education? (no formal training needed)
08. List 3 adjectives that best describe you.
09. What is the accomplishment that you are most proud of?
10. If you could throw a surprise party to honor someone in your life that is deserving, who would it be, and why does this person deserve to be honored?
Official Rules and Eligibility Requirements
Please include a self-portrait of yourself with this application so we can use it in the photographer bio. If your parents wonít allow it, just take a photo of something that represents you, but please try and get a portrait of yourself. It MUST be black and white.
01. All of the photos that you submit to the contest must be of your own work.
02. You should be at least 13 or older to submit an application for Project Lens.
03. With applying for the competition you have given Project Lens permission to display your photos and works, and for members to edit them into icons, headers, and other such graphics. If you win the competition, you will be able to supply an address, with your parent's permission, in which to receive your prize pack for being the top photographer of that cycle. If you would like to donate a prize, please note: devcjrogers1993: )
04. Minimal photoshopping and image editing is allowed unless otherwise specified in challenge topics, or other sources of information.
05. You shall not beg for votes from other members of DeviantART including, friends, admins, or judges of Project Lens.
06. In applying for the competition you have willingly dedicated and agreed that you will be able to meet the weekly challenge deadline. If this is not met, you will be automatically eliminated from the competition.
Project Lens will and is capable of changing or adding to these rules throughout cycles or inactive times to better the competition without public notification.
Name: Darshil Shah Age: 15
Favourite Photographer: Francis Bacon [link]
3. Street and City Life
4. Lots of music, mainly indie bands liks Modest Mouse and Story of the year. Poetry from Robert Gray, and everything around me, which seems to show in some way we are flawed from the beginning.
5. I live in Sydney, Australia. I migrated here from India 7 years ago and music, friends and books have influenced me to portray things artistically. I started taking photos when i was 12, but that was just i guess shits and giggles. I slowly progressed into the real life photography scene, and even though i faced many challenges (family and friends) i pursued street and urban photography. I have no training and im completely self taught. I photograph and lay concepts of our human destruction, in the vast scale and the minute scale. Im still in high school studying in Grade 10. The only things that can descibe me is inspiring, creative and destructive. The accomplishment im most proud of is living and the way i see things. Im depressed all the time, i see things the way they are, and everything seems to tell us we are the end and we were a controlled experiment and chance from god which we have altered and exploited.
There are many people, but my party would be huge, and it would involve everyone who influenced me, all the street photographers, my friends and the music.
01. Name: Rosalina Perez, 16. 02. Favorite photographer: Diane Arbus. I think the way she photographed strange people is really inspirational because I love photographing peopleís oddities. My favorite photographers on dA include: *xlostfaith , *visceral , *hakanphotography , and *un--expected . 03. Favorite type/style of photography: Conceptual. That can definitely be seen in my gallery. 04. Main inspirations: Everything, honestly. A lot of the time Iím inspired by music, poetry, people, and dreams. 05. Brief Biography: Well, Iím Rosalina but my friends call me Rosa. Iíve lived in the same place my entire life and I love it because I love the city. Iím also in love with photography, along with boy meets world and my dog. Iím very shy and not too good with words, so I use photography to express myself and my thoughts. I asked for my first camera in 5th grade, without knowing photography is something I want to do for the rest of my life. I received my first camera, a simple point and shoot Canon, in 8th grade and immediately read its entire manual so I could use it to its fullest potential. With that camera I took the photograph that Iím most known for called ďReal Men Donít RapeĒ: [link] . Itís nice to be recognized for it, but sometimes I wish people would recognize my other photography as well. Anyway, a year later I bought a Promaster 2500PK 35mm camera and started to use film which is what I still use now. Iím also interested in fashion design (I bought my first sewing machine in 6th grade) and Latin (which I have been taking for 3 years).
----------------------------------- 06. Country: United States. Chicago, Illinois. 07. Highest Level of Education: Iím in my third year of high school. Iíve taken two semesters of photography classes, but I consider myself to be partially self-taught because my teacher wasnít very helpful. 08. 3 adjectives that best describe you: I hate answering this kind of question because I either sound conceited or self-deprecating, and I donít like either. I guess I would say that I am friendly, creative and critical (of myself, mostly). 09. Accomplishment that you are most proud of: I donít really know, actually. I guess Iím proud that Iíve recognized photography as my passion, and that people have been touched by my photographs. Iím also proud of how much I have evolved since I first started.
----------------------------------- 10. If you could throw a surprise party to honor someone in your life that is deserving, who would it be, and why does this person deserve to be honored? My mother because she has gone through so many terrible things in her life that most people never have to endure, and she deserves to be happy for once. She is also the only family I really have, so although she is very dramatic and gets on my nerves, I really love her. Self-Portrait:[link]
Guess what guys! I'm
reopening my stores
(Etsy and Storenvy)
and commissions, I
can finally announce
that I'm getting
married and I need
to save as much as
possible for the big
day, July 27th.
before anyone asks,
the wedding is not
been planning it for
a long time...
Sorry, I can't
believe it's been so
long since I've done
this "orzEdit: I
forgot, but my
friend here's having
it's about your
with your favourite
food. It can be your
own character or
FIRSTLY: thank you
so much for all your
kind birthday wishes
and little gifts!
:hug: you made me
:heart:I hope this
small feature can
bring a smile to
your faces, too
:)enjoy and make
sure to fave some of
this great pieces!
;)and now we move on
to the first part of
would like to
address something I
have been seeing as
of late here and on
other sites. Artists
who are asking if
commission them if
they were to offer
commissions and if
so, how much should
they charge or how
much are they
willing to pay?
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More